Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

I have a Kirkland SUD6000HQO dishwasher. It started a wash

I have a Kirkland SUD6000HQO dishwasher. It started a wash cycle, filled water, would not drain. Tried to use Cancel/Drain button- unit sounded like it wanted to start pumping but after a few seconds went silent. Checked drain hose unit would drain when hose disconnected without using drain button. When button pushed flow slowed down. Is my problem with the motor or pump? Whats the best way to diagnose this issue?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay do you have a model number of the unit so I can pull up a diagram? when you disconnected the drain hose and selected drain it was just a small flow correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Kirkland by Whirlpool Model# XXXXX Flow was steady but small flow is fairly accurate

Okay and sorry I see you posted the model number in your first posting. Does the washer wash okay?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

At this point it appears to have stopped mid-cycle. Basin was full with water dishes did not appear clean soap did not dispense

Okay, but when it starts does it sound like water is swishing around?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just started a wash cycle. I can hear the water dispensing at this point. I 'll let you know about the swishing around in a minute. Water finished and sounds like the motor is locked up

Okay, so the motor locked up and that is not good. You are going to need to replace the motor itself which the pump and motor is all one unit. I am sending you a video on how to replace the pump/motor which believe it or not is fairly easy. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.