Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The control unit on Maytag range went out. Tested for current

The control unit on Maytag range went out. Tested for current which was ok. Ordered a refurbished unit (5701M754-60) and installed. Still not working; plenty of current.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have the model number ? is this gas or electric?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Gas - don't see a model # XXXXX

okay . you get 120 volts to the control but it doesn't light up at all ? does this have a bottom drawer ? if so look in there for the model number tag.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks - it's MGRH752CDS

okay great. is this your clock ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, exactly. P/N 5701M754-60

Okay and theres power to it but its not lighting up at all digitally ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not lighting at all - tried to press Cancel; Cancel/Clock; Clock & other combinations for several seconds - still nothing

okay unfortunately if your getting 120 volts to the clock and its not lighting up then you received a bad clock. if this is getting power its absolutely a bad clock. I don't know if you can send it back or not but you can order a new one @ http://www.searsp artsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Maytag-Parts/Range-Parts/5701M754-60/0022/664/Model-MGRH752CDS/3048/0124002?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=M0607044&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=0124002&searchModelNumber=MGRH752CDS&subCompDesc=Control%20panel/top%20assembly&brandDesc=MAYTAG&modelDesc=MAYTAG-COOKING&blt=11&shdMod=MGRH752CDS for $195.00 if you wish. I guaranty as long as the power is getting to the clock then its bad. sorry for the bad news. hope this helps, thanks, Bryan