Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool washer duet Model #WFW9150WW01, serial #

I have a Whirlpool washer duet Model #WFW9150WW01, serial # XXXXX Type 832A. I was working great two days ago. It has only been used for the past 5 months. Now I push the power button and hold down the start button for the second or two, the correct lights come on and the door locks. After that, the washer goes off and starts beeping. What is going on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

is there water in this at all ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, there is no water in the washer. Right now, the washer is completely empty. It just does not start or fill up.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
alright, does this just beep or are some of the lights flashing also like a code ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After the washer lights are on and the door is locked, the lights go out and the beeping starts. There are no lights flashing. There does not appear to be a code sign at all. I know that some Whirlpool duet washers show an error code. Ours does not.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

okay try and put this in diagnostic mode

Starting Service History Mode & Diagnostic Test:

NOTE:

The washer must be empty and the control must be

in the OFF state before pressing the touch-pad sequence to

start the test.

1.

Close the door.

2.

Select any three different keys (except POWER).

Individually press these in a sequence of 1, 2, 3 and then

repeat this sequence two more times. This sequence must

be completed within 8 seconds of the first key press.

These three keys are referred to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd keys,

based on the order pressed

Upon entry into service diagnostics, the console will beep

(if available) and all console LED lights will turn on for

5 seconds.

4.

Any error codes will be displayed in the Estimated Time

Remaining display. If there are no error codes stored,

88 will be displayed. On models without a display, the

WASH LED will flash to indicate the error code. If there

are no error codes stored, the WASH LED remains on.

NOTE:

This program recalls the most recent error code first.

5.

After entry into service diagnostics using the 1st, 2nd, and

3rd keys, each of these keys will have unique functions

regarding service diagnostics as detailed in the following

table:

Key Press Function Behavior Feedback Device

1st

key

Momentary

press

Activates the User

Interface Test. All LED

lights are turned on.

Press and

hold 5 sec

Exits Diagnostic

Test

One beep

2nd

key

Momentary

press

Activates the

automated test

Press and

hold 5 sec

No action Three beeps

One beep

3rd

key

Momentary

press

Displays next

error code

Press and

hold 5 sec

Clears the

error codes

One beep

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing happened. No lights, no LED display.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay thats not good it means the main control board has failed. you don't by chance have the front bottom panel off under the door do you ? the reason I ask is this has an Interlock switch for front access panel, some machines will not run with the panel off. let me know. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I do not have the panel off. What can we do now?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
you can order and replace the control. heres a link to order it. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/W10384843/0026/110?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=W10384843 if you remove the top of the machine there is also a technical sheet taped to the right side.this may give you some other tests you can perform with a meter to make sure theres no other issue. the control board is located behind the front panel and is number 15 on this diagram . hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help. We are just sorry that you could not give us an answer that would work. It is definitely hard to believe that a washer that has only been used 5 months would, all of a sudden, break down. I did fail to tell you that, when the beeping starts, the "wash light" does control to flash.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Oh Okay ! count the flashes the wash light does. this is telling us the error.

FAILURE/ERROR DISPLAY CODES

The failure/error codes are displayed when accessing the Diagnostics

test routine. Failure codes will be displayed in the Estimated Time

Remaining display of the washer console. For non display models, the

WASH LED will flash and the error code number is XXXXX by the

number of times the LED flashes. The first set of flashes represents the

“F” and the second set of flashes represents the “E”. There is a pause

of 2 seconds between the flashes for “F” and “E”. The error code

sequence will repeat after a pause of 5 seconds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The wash light flashes 6 times, stops, and then flashes 1 more. After a very short wait, it does the same thing. Also, I forgot to mention that the door lock light does stay on. I hope this will help you to find an answer.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

yes it will help. hang on. Okay so your getting an F6E1 error. this is the meaning.

The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit

(MCU) cannot be sent correctly.

Possible Causes/Procedure

- Unplug washer or disconnect power.

- Check that the power cord terminals are connected at the right position to the RFI filter

(white-Neutral/ black-Line).

- Check that the two ground switches are pressed correctly by the toe and rear panels.

- Check that ground switches are fitted correctly, and are not broken and the green

ground wires are connected correctly.

- Make sure that both ground switches are not broken or scratched.

- Make sure that all the ground harnesses (green wires) are connected correctly, and are

not broken or with wires detached.

- Make sure that all wire harness connections from the CCU (MI3 cavity), main Motor,

and MCU are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible.

- Check for continuity from the MCU connector wires to CCU (MI3 cavity) connector.

- If the continuity diagnosis failed, the Main Harness must be replaced.

- Make sure that all the connectors are fully seated.

- Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.

- Plug in washer or reconnect power.

- Verify the washer operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle. See page 5.

- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power and

wait for 15 seconds.

try checking all the wiring harness plugs. remove the top of the machine and the lower panel and check the plugs on all the electronics.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much. Here is what we did. We turned off the power at the control panel. Then turned the power back on. The washer worked. How would this happen? Also, does this mean that the problem is solved? Don't worry I will rate you a huge smiley face.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay thats great ! sometime if the machine fails to receive the signal between the two boards and you unplug it will reset and then run. it was probably a computer glitch and you should be all set ! Smile. thanks so much and have a great day. Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.