Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Model: ARB9058CS1 symptom #1: the fridge gets extremely

Customer Question

Model: ARB9058CS1

symptom #1: the fridge gets extremely cold no matter what the setting. is gotten steadily worse in the last few days, to the point now where any liquid in the refrigerator part of the unit is frozen by the time I wake up in the morning.

system #2: for the last several months, the automatic ice maker in the freezer section has been malfunctioning, and there is now a "continuous drip" that freezes all the way down to the ice at the bottom of the bin. In addition, much of the ice the bottom of the bin has obviously thawed and then refrozen into a single large lump.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good morning, the problem with the freezing in the fresh food section is the damper assembly this is either not shutting or the spring has come off. you need to check that first. its part #18 on this diagram. as far as the water dripping in the ice maker that would be the electronic valve not shutting tightly. this is located in the back of the refrigerator where the water line from the house connects. that needs to be replaced.heres a link to order that, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/12544002/915068?modelNumber=ARB9058CS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Roger. Thank you for your help. Are both of these items user-reparable?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yes you can replace both if needed. the valve you definitely need but the damper may be that the spring popped off and you may be able to just put the spring back on. you would need to look at that. if you do need to replace the damper heres a link to order that. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Amana-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/67 001041/0046/596/Model-ARB9058CSPARB9058CS1/1268/0161000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=M0307177&diagramPageId=00003&productTypeId=0161000&searchModelNumber=ARB9058CSPARB9058CS1&subCompDesc=Controls&brandDesc=AMANA&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR&blt=11&shdMod= hope this helps. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Bryan -

again, thanks. You have been very helpful. Max smiles! ;-)

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your welcome, can I ask are you seeing the smiley faces on the bottom that you pick to rate me ? we are having site issue's and sometimes these dont show up. It seems that may be the issue on your end . You are not able to pick a rating ?
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

and I think it works properly, but I have done it again just to be sure. Please let me know if there's a problem with this.

Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
All set Mike ! thanks

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
. I'll be around later today if you need more help. well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for your help. The fridge is working just fine and was, as you suspected, just a case of a detached spring.
I replaced the valve on the ice maker, but I still wake up to a stuck-together bucket of ice. Any further suggestions?
Thanks.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure. is it the ice maker itself that the water is comming from ? is it dripping from that and your sure Mike ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bryan -

actually, I've run into a bit of a problem. The ice cube tray still has the same issue, even though I replaced the part. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
still dripping water ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

GM Bryan. that was quick! :)

Yes, I see a column opf ice extending down to the cubes @ the bottom of the tray, and about 50% of the cubes in the tray are partially melted together.

Thanks.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
this is overfilling it seems. is the ice above the fingers in the ice maker itself ? does it seem like the fingers are stuck in the ice ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,No, the ice is @ the bottom, & the container is only about 1/2-filled.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, can you tell if the tube running into the back of the ice maker is leaking and not all the water is getting into the ice maker itself? make sure the tube isn't half frozen or the cup it drops the water into on the back of the ice maker is blocked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bryan,
Well, the answer is that the problem still exists with the “drip & melt” in the ice bin within the freezer compartment. Any other ideas?
Thanks.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike. wow thats a pain I know. going over the parts this refrigerator appears to have several valves and its difficult to pinpoint which is bad and causing your issue. one of them has to be not shutting properly. . heres a link to all the diagrams, first find all your valves. there like three for some reason. let me know when you get back on. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/01-cabinet-back-parts-for-amana-arb9058cs-parb9058cs0.html