Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher #665.17389300. It appears not to

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher #665.17389300. It appears not to be draining all the water out. I want to clean the filters first to see if they are clogged. There is alot of debri in the water. Where are the filters and how do I get to them?
Panel on the dishwasher does not light up either when I press the different options. The last time this happen the sears tech replaced a component in the door itself. Don't think that is the issue.

Suzanne

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Okay are you saying theres no power what so ever in this at this time ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No power as in none of the buttons on the panel light up when I press on them.

okay, You might as well start by cleaning the pump and chopper area in this. heres a video link to show you how to get to the chopper assembly. this is where the wash pump is located and it probably needs to be clean out. click this blue link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Food-Chopper-Assembly/8268383/830886?modelNumber=665.17389300#repairHelpVideoTabs let me know when thats done.as far as the power goes you most likely have a bad thermal fuse. this is located in the door. you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/8193762/959376?modelNumber=665.17389300
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I had a feeling it might be the fuse. I will do both parts of the repair today if I can get the parts from my local sears store here in madison, Ohio.

Okay, well wishes and I will be around after lunch if you have any other questions. Have a great day,thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan,

Getting back to you on the dishwasher repair. The thermal fuse part arrived within 2 days from Repair Clinic. It was cheaper to order from there then Sears.com.

Husband Alan was impressed and he liked the videos that showed specifically what to do. He and my son Dustin replaced the fuse this morning.. Dishwasher is now up and running.

Alan is going to take a look at the food chopper assembly later on today. He agrees that it does need to be taken apart and cleaned out. He will decide then if we need to order this part.

All in all this was a great experience for us to do this ourselves via your input/help. Gladly recommend you, JustAnswer, Repair Clinic to friends and family.

Suzanne Roath

thats great Suzanne ! If you need more assistance just ask, the question doesn't close once you rated me so feel free to come back if you need more assistance and I'll try to help ,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan