Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi - I have a Samsung SMH8165W Microwave oven. My wife mistakenly

Hi -

I have a Samsung SMH8165W Microwave oven. My wife mistakenly set the timer at 20 minutes to reheat her tea. As you might imagine, the cup failed and the microwave tray cracked. The microwave itself now shows no display and does not respond to disconnecting and reconnecting power (the house circuit is okay). The little bit of reading I've done leads me to believe replacing an internal fuse is worth a try. Where can I get one, where does it go and should I try this myself?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

there is an internal fuse inside behind the control panel on the Noise Filter you can purchase the fuse at lowe's , bring the old one with you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Am I replacing the whole card pictured, or just taking the fuse out from the clip in the upper right hand part of the pictured card?

just the fuse. its pops out. the fuse is the white one in the top right corner thats correct.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well, fuse replacement isn't the answer. The microwave does not power up. What's next on the troubleshooting list? I'm thinking it gets a lot more expensive from here.

I'm sorry to hear that.there are other things that can cause this but the whole machine has to come apart. theres a thermal fuse that may have blown. # XXXXX on this diagram other than that its the control board.