Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Kenmore Elite HE5t is not working properly and displays

My Kenmore Elite HE5t is not working properly and displays an F35 fault code.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model number from inside the door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay the model number has more to it, (numbers missing) can you get me the rest ? your problem is F35--Analog pressure sensor failure, if you get me the rest of the model i will look up your part for you, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

461970246151

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay this is the switch you need to replace. its the water level switch. remove the screws along the back holding the top on the machine and remove the top . this will be in the back right corner mounted on the side, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pressure-Switch/W10163980/1399592?modelNumber=110.46462500 for around $24.00, the Manufacturer Number W10163980 , if you have a parts warehouse near you can pick one up with that part number. hope this helps. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I ordered part W10163980, it arrived, I opened up my washer and there is no part that remotely resembles what I have. I am not happy. Now what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just did and no response. Dirty clothes have waited for 3 days for the part to arrive and I am not closer to resolving this than I was before.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am just getting more frustrated, can you help me or not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
The part was wrong and now I can't get any response.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is Jon and I am an authorized Sear's service technician and I can help you today.

The F35 pressure switch error code can sometimes be a false code displayed by a failing computer. The pressure switch controls how the water fills up in your washer. Are you having any issues with the way the machine fills? Does it seem like the washer is not filling with enough water or too much water? If you are getting the F35 error code at the beginning of the cycle or during a rinse and spin cycle, all while the machine is filling, then we would definitely need to look at the pressure switch. If you feel the machine is filling up with the proper amount of water and everyhting seems to be working fine, then you probably have just had a shorted control pad and it is displaying the F35 error. If the machine stops completely and will not let you reset the computer to start another wash, then you would need to replace the pressure switch in your machine. The Sear's website is currently down for maintenance so I am unable to get you the exploded diagrams of your machine and correct part number to the pressure switch. As soon as the website is back up and running again, I will forward you the link to the diagrams so you can see exactly where the pressure switch is in your machine, and also give you the correct part number for the pressure switch.

I will check the Sear's website again within the next couple of hours an get back to you. In the meantime, if you would like to check the pressure switch I would recommend doing so. Sometimes, a build up of a soap scum can clog the airline to the pressure switch and cause the failure you're having. If you open up the machine and find the pressure switch, you can remove the air line from it and blow into it. Open the door to the machine so that you can hear the air coming into the tub from the other end. Blow in the air tube from the end that you have taken off of the pressure switch and if you hear the air escaping through the tub on the other end, your line is clear. If while blowing through the air doesn't come out the other end, then you have a clog in the air line and that needs to be cleaned out first.

I realize you probably need more help finding exactly where the pressure switch is. I'm sorry I can't give you more accurate information because, again, the Sear's website is down right now so I can't get your model diagrams. What I can tell you from experience with working on these machines, on a top load washing machine the pressure switch is usually located in the top console next to the timer. On a front load washer, the pressure switch is usually located just underneath the top panel of the washer attached to the framing of the machine. for the top load washer, you will have to pull the washer out so you can access the back of the top console, remove the screws to it, and you should see the pressure switch and air hose coming from it. On the front load washer, again, pull the machine out so you can access the back, on the back of the top panel should be two to four screws that you will need to remove so that you can remove the top panel. With those screws removed, and standing in front of the machine, push down slightly on the top panel while pushing the panel towards the back of the machine and it should slide about an inch or two and then you can lift it off. Again, standing from the front of the machine, the pressure switch should be on the right hand side towards the top of the inside part of the cabinet and you should see the air line running to it.

Run the air test on the pressure switch and let me know what you get. If you have any more troubles or questions please get back to me here and I will help you more. As soon as the Sear's website is working again I will send you the link to the diagram of your machine so you can see where the pressure switch is located and what the part number for it is.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Is this what the water pressure switch looks like in your machine?

Just copy and paste the link below to your browser to open it and se the picture. The part number is there as well .

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Kenmore-elite-Parts/Washer-Parts/W10415587/0026/110/Model-11047789700/0583/0153200?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=K1004092&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=11047789700&subCompDesc=Top%20and%20cabinet%20parts&brandDesc=KENMORE%20ELITE&modelDesc=RESIDENTIAL-WASHER&blt=11&shdMod=

If you can't open the picture let me know and I will resend it to you.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
To get to the pressure switch remove the screws to the top panel in the back of the washer. The pull the top panel off. You will then see the pressure switch like shown in the diagram.

Remove the air line from the switch and blow into it. If you hear the air coming out of the other end in the tub then good. You will Definitely need to replace the pressure switch. If not, and the air line is clogged blow some compressed air intot he line to clear the clog. If it is still clogged you will need to replace the line as well.

The pressure switch is part number W10415587 and should cost about $85. It can be ordered at either www.searspartsdirect.com or www.marcone.com or www.repairclinic.com or at your local appliance parts store.

Get back to me here if you need more help and I will help you more.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance below with a positive rating.

Thank you.