Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My washer will run through the washing cycle and have a short

My washer will run through the washing cycle and have a short pause before the draining and spinning part and then there is a click as if the entire cycle is finished and then it coes nothing more. If I manually move the cycle forward to rinse it will start the water flowing to fill for rinse but the wash water is still there. Can you help?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

KAWS700JQ4

okay so basically this isn't draining and spinning no mater where you put the dial correct ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

correct

okay great ! this is actually an easy fix. you have a bad lid switch. these go all the time and the machine wont drain or spin. this could have broke loose from the body or just failed I'm not sure which on yours. here a link to the part and theres a video there to show you how to test it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/3949247/547225?modelNumber=KAWS700JQ4#repairHelpVideoTabs replace it and your all set. hope this helps, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Bryan, Thank you for the suggestion that the problem with my washer might be the lid switch. I do not have a tester to test its continuity right now. I need to get one before I can verify to you that this is the problem with my washer. I will check back into this site when I have an answer to this. Marion.

Okay Marion, thanks and let me know if you need more help.best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It might be the two-terminal lid switch. I did not have a multmeter to test it with to find out if this was the problem. I have purchased a multimeter and now I need to know how to get the part out of the washer to test it. My husband is currently away on holiday and will be back this next weekend but if I try to do this myself before then I will need some guidance through the procedure of removal of part for testing. Until I have tested this part I will not know if you have given me the right solution or not. I have watched the video which showed how to test the lid switch and now need help with getting the switch out to be tested. If you can help me with that in the evening Monday or Tuesday this week I would appreciate that. Otherwise I will have to wait for my husband to get back and find time to do it next week. Please email me to let me know if you can help me with this. Thank you. Marion.

okay heres a video on how to remove the cabinet to get to the lid switch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFsvLiuTniU this will help you.