Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a deep freeze freezer that was purchased from someone

I have a deep freeze freezer that was purchased from someone else. It worked fine and we have it in th garage. But it keeps defrosting. I have it set on the igloo am I doing something wrong. I have a freezer full of meat and it still defrosting?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

when you say this keeps defrosting does it get completely warm ? do you hear any buzzing or clicking comming from behind about every 3-5 minutes when this happens?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

there is no buzzin or clicking. when I touch it it feels like it is running. Unfortunately everything on the shelves defrosts and I have thrown food out from the shelves twice now.

can you get behind it ? when you say its running are you sure its not just the fan inside thats running ? I would like you to feel the compressor when this is happening to see if it warn, hot , or cold. also is it vibrating ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay give me a minute I need to go downstairs

okay.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can't get to the back cabinet is in the way and I can't move it far enough to stick my hand in. it humming but everything in there is thawing completely.

okay well this is a sealed system problem. if its humming it sounds like its working but not pumping the freon through the system. this can happen if there a blockage in the dryer part of the sealed system. unfortunately its not something you can check. An HVAC tech would need to put a tap line in and vacuum the system down and see whats going on. you will need a tech for that, sorry for the bad news. I really hate telling people that but thats all I can do . hope this helps though. thanks and best wishes, Bryan