Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

rca model YBXR1060T5 clothes washer wont agititate after filling.

rca model YBXR1060T5 clothes washer won't agititate after filling. will complete cycle normally if allowed to time out. What's wrong?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

So this will spin but not agitate ? are you sure its spinning or does it just drain when you let it complete the cycle?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it spins and drains. also, when the washer is off, the agitator spins freely. is this normal?

oh okay so the agitator is spinning freely when this isn't even running ? thats the drive coupling for the agitator thats stripped. The good news is its very inexpensive to fix. this part is only $5.80. its called the drive bell. you can order this @ its right under the agitator. you have to pull really hard to get the agitator off, be careful not to hit yourself in the face (I've done that ! ) it does pull off. then theres just a bolt holding that on the transmission shaft.