Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Fridge not cooling right and freezer over cooling. Also gets

Fridge not cooling right and freezer over cooling. Also gets some frost build up in freezer

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

is the frost buildup on the back wall inside the freezer ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I see ice build up on the coils of the freezer and some frost just inside the freezer in general

okay you have a defrost issue.when this goes into defrost the defrost heater isn't comming on. the most common cause for the issue in this refrigerator is the defrost thermostat. this is located clipped to the top of the coils behind the panel inside the freezer, defrost this with a hair dryer and order the part. put the panel back in and the refrigerator will work correctly until the part arrives. heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Defrost-Thermostat/2321799/1399517?modelNumber=KSRG25FKSS15 thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry, I get an error page when I click on the link. Can you please let me know the part #? I have used a hair dryer, last time I used it was 1 week ago to defrost. After 1 day our ice cream was again rock solid. Do, I also need to replace the defrost cable with it? If I just change the defrost thermostat do I have to cut any wires, or does it have a wire connector that I disconnect and connect?

sorry I had to go out, the part # XXXXX XXXXX Number(NNN) NNN-NNNN the wires you do have to cut but just the two that go to the thermostat so you can wire nut the new one in. (wire nuts should be included on this) hope this helps. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HOw about if I also buy the defrost cable with it? What part # XXXXX that be?

well theres no cable its wired into the whole harness which goes through the back wall, you cant change that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry I meant heater attached to the defrost thermostat

oh okay heres the heater.although these don't go that often, heres a link to that. and the part number is XXXXX Number(NNN) NNN-NNNN http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Defrost-Heater-Assembly/2323198/1408375?modelNumber=KSRG25FKSS15 sorry I'm in and out today. hope this is all the info you need. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. So, the defrost heater and defrost thermostat both come seperately? They are not a assembly joined together? I had changed the assembly that came together in Jenn-Air side by side refrigerators. So, I assumed that most refrigerators have the 2 parts that can come together.

They do sell separately in this one. the heater however really never go on these. if you can open the link I gave you theres a video to show you how to test it with a volt meter if you have one.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks