Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

after self cleaning cycle I unlocked the oven door with no

after self cleaning cycle I unlocked the oven door with no problem. Now when trying to cook the display says to unlock the door which is already unlocked. What do I need to do to reset.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have the model number?Try unplugging the range for five minutes and plug it back in then hit cancel on the clock. does it reset ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

model # XXXXX

tried all suggestions still will not reset

okay, I see, what is going on is the lock/latch micro switch is sticking and is sending a signal to the control that the door is still locked even though it isn't. you can see the switch in this picture of the door lock assembly. this is a common issue. the only thing you can try is put this back in self clean and slide the door latch over and then after two minutes cancel self clean and open the door (hopefully this door doesn't stay locked) if this doesn't work you will need to replace the door lock assembly. heres a link to the part. hopefully this will work and reset the lock switch. thanks . Bryan