Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

MY GE side by side (GSL25JFPD-BS) freezes fine, but the other

MY GE side by side (GSL25JFPD-BS) freezes fine, but the other side does not cool properly. It did a day ago, but it has stopped. The top flap between the sides open properly, but there doesn't seem to be any real airflow. I have checked both sides for obstructions but there doesn't seem to be any. I don't have a clue what to do next.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

have you removed the back panel inside the freezer section behind your food ? is there frost on that panel ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the coil is frozen solid

okay you have a defrost issue. The defrost cycle is not working so the frost builds up and stops air flow to the fresh food section. on this refrigerator its the defrost thermostat that fails. this is clipped to the top of those coils, (probably covered in ice at this point) you need to defrost the freezer with a hair dryer and replace the thermostat. heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Defrost-Thermostat/WR50X10068/1170024?modelNumber=GSL25JFPDBS thanks and best wishes, Bryan