Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a whirlpool duet model wfw9150ww01 and the washer will

I have a whirlpool duet model wfw9150ww01 and the washer will no longer spin clothes dry. I've tried all the different wash options. The washer will turn on the spin cycle but not spin dry. I have had this washer only a year and a half.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

How fast is it spinning for you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Slow. Perhaps one spin per second?

Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.
Is there still water in the unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I run my hands across the bottom of the washer my hand does get wet but I don't see anything above the drum.

Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.

Let try to get it into diagnostic mode.

.

NOTE:

The washer must be empty and the control must be

in the OFF state before pressing the touch-pad sequence to

start the test

.

Select any three different keys (except POWER).

Individually press these in a sequence of 1, 2, 3 and then

repeat this sequence two more times. This sequence must

be completed within 8 seconds of the first key press.

These three keys are referred to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd keys,

based on the order pressed

.

.

Tell me what happens?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all lights turn on than wash light flashes by itself

Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.
How many times is it flashing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has been flashing non stop.

Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.
There are no pauses between the series of flashes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No pattern was seen, but it finally turned off since our last post.

Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.
Try the dianostic mode again...and count blinks between pauses
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for not noticing the pattern. 8 blinks than long pause than single blink that process begins again.

Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.
are you sure it is 8 blinks and not 9 blinks first?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, 8 blinks pause than one more with pattern repeating.

Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.

Just wanted to make sure,, You have a bad water level pressure switch, it thinks there is still water in the machine, replace it with part number W10239066, You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

.

.

This is located right under the top of the machine on the right hand side towards the back, very easy to replace.

.

.

Pressure Switch W10239066       Main Product View

.

.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.

.

.

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So this causes the spin cycle not to run properly?

Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.
Correct, it does not think all the water is out of the machine so it will not go into high spin.
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech