Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a MBF2256KEQ2 refrigerator. The freezer is frosting

We have a MBF2256KEQ2 refrigerator. The freezer is frosting up and the refrigerator does not seem to be cooling. This is the second time in a month this has happened. The first time we unpluged the unit for 12 hours and let the freezer defrost. After defrosting the refrigerator cooled fine. Now we are not cooling again. Any Ideas what is the problem?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good afternoon. you have a classic issue that these refrigerators have. A defrost issue, in this refrigerator the most common reason it the defrost thermotstat. remove the back panel inside the freezer behind the food and this is clipped to the silver evaporator coils. (on the top of them) defrost the freezer with a hair dryer and oreder this at the following link. once you have the coils defrosted put the back in and it will run correctly until the part arives. this should take care of your issue. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan