Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

We have an Amana model # XXXXX 7200 TW dryer it seems to work

We have an Amana model # XXXXX 7200 TW dryer it seems to work fine once it is running but is difficult to start. When you push the button sometimes you have to hold it in for up to 45 second and then it will start, or apply pressure around the rim of it, or press it repeatedly.On rare occasions it will start with the first touch.It is a new machine but the problem started almost immediately.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Is that the only problem with the dryer? Does it run okay after it gets started?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Like we said various ways of pushing the start button will make it start-once it starts it runs fine. Seems to be a contact problem in the start button itself but e are not sure. Please advise by return your opinion on whats going on with the dryer. Thanks.

Okay, you are correct about the start button however, on your model and most front loaders all the button are built in to the control board. You will need to replace the control board to correct the issue. I am sending you a link to the diagram and the control board is #9 on the diagram. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks Randy appreciate your guidance. We have this dryer at a very remote island location. We had maybe used it 4-5 times before the problem began. So we wanted to be sure we were taking the correct part to fix it . There are no dealerships or repairmen in this area of the Caribbean.

Once you have paid the freight & duty etc on the appliance it would be cheaper to buy a new one than return it to the states for repair.

So you are saying the button start assembly is integral to the control board and cannot be fixed otherwise, without replacing the boards. We will try this and appreciate your input.