Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Our front loading washing machine is filling up with water

Our front loading washing machine is filling up with water when it is not running. Can you tell me what would cause this?
Thank you;
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model number so we can better assist you ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where will I find the model number?

open the door and there is a tag on the inside.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay great. Now this fills with water and just stops ? do the lights go out ? can you hit cancel/drain and does it drain ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, the lights dont go on. When I hit drain/spin the water disappears but it fills up again between washes

okay so this is filling with water when its off ? I just want to make sure I understand correctly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, that is correct

Okay great ! Your electronic water inlet valve is the issue . this is letting water in when the machine is off. this is the only thing that controls the water. if this doesn't close tightly the water will enter the machine when its off. you need to replace it. heres a link to the part so you can order it. you need to remove the top of the machine to replace it. hope this helps. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan