Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

water is seriously leaking out of the bottom of my washer

water is seriously leaking out of the bottom of my washer whirlpool ghw9250ML2. front load I did a large sanitary load & that went fine....next load water is pouring out of back bottom.....

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

are you sure the water is comming out of the back ? does it come out as this is filling with water ? can you take panel #5 on this diagram off ? remove the screws #28 and pull the panel off. start the washer and watch part # XXXXX and the hoses around that area. see if you can see where the water is comming from. let me know if you can.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well this is going to be tough....1 yr old is screaming his head off.

oh sorry, do you need to wait a bit ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my brother is coming over & will follow ur instructions

okay, I need to go off line for about 20 minutes and will be back by the time you get a look at it. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it will take at least 1 hr

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what is the name of the tool I need?

you need whats called torx bit screw driver.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, the water is coming from the back...looks like dead center back of bottom of the tub...white plastic part

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

if you look on the tub & basket page, it's part 8 or thereabouts that the water seems to be leaking from.

okay so its comming from the pump trap area ? maybe the rubber boot ? can you see if its loose or has a hole in it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my brother located the problem....something had popped out of place.

okay great ! thats what I thought may have happened. glad you found the issue. I hope my guidance helped. have a great day the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So how does the bonus work...I paid a $5 deposit. Am I being charged anything else? or is the bonus the rest of your pay?

,,So that looks like it requires a special screw driver which I do not have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

,So how does the bonus work...I paid a $5 deposit. Am I being charged anything else? or is the bonus the rest of your pay?
I got paid thank you. don't worry about a bonus. I'm glad you have it fixed

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
. good job ! thanks again, Bryan