Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Spacemaker washer dryer Model #WSM2420TAZWW. it

I have a GE Spacemaker washer dryer Model #WSM2420TAZWW. it is making a hot smoky smell during the spin cycle on the washer. I have looked underneath and don't see any belts but it definately smells as though something is rubbing

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Okay this machine doesn't have a belt and thats why you don't see one. this has a direct drive coupling according to your model number.look on the floor and see if you see rubber particles on the floor. if so your coupling is burning up and needs to be replaced. heres a link to the part. its only $11.20 and theres a video there to show you how its replaced. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor-Coupling/285753A/1195967?modelNumber=WSM2420TAZWW thanks for choosing Just Answer. Bryan