Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE model GSH25JSRF SS refrigerator ice maker. Used to work,

GE model GSH25JSRF SS refrigerator ice maker. Used to work, now can't get either the water or the ice modes to work. Is there a reset button somewhere? It has been working for long time and just stopped. THere is a "chirping" sound, which goes away when i turn the freezer to 0 (off). I turned it off, cleaned the dispensor, but it's like nothing happens.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon. Are you saying this wont make ice or wont dispense ice or water ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It has been working fine until now. No water comes out and no ice comes out. The ice holder has ice in it.

okay do the different buttons respond when you press them ? light up ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The mode lights turn on when i switch from one to the other. Otherwise, no sound comes out like anything is working.

okay. do you have a volt meter? can you check continuity ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't have a volt meter

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i don't have a volt meter

okay. you have a bad dispenser control. (the part shown above) you need to replace it. heres a link to order it. the whole assembly is snapped on. take a small screw driver and you will see two small slots at the bottom of this, place the screw driver in the slot and twist it. the control will come off. thanks and best wishes. Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I checked the website and it is on backorder (out of stock). Can i get this directly from another appliance store?

oh sorry. yes. they are selling a lot of these because of failure. heres a link were they have it in stock, Smile
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK Bryan, i ordered the part from Sears. Hope that's the problem. ANyway, thanks for your help

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan, one more thing. I received the part this afternoon (it's only the circuit board). However, there are no slots underneath to insert a screwdriver into to remove the dispenser panel. There is a sunken area underneath, with 3 holes in it, with what looks to be screws at the bottom of the hole. Is that just another design style, or what should i do at this stage? i don't want to pry on it and break it. Thanks for your followup reply. Pete

this does just snap on . you have to pull the bottom to get it off. sorry I wasn't on last night that late. anyway I will be around today. let me know if you get it. thanks, Bryan