Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kenmore refrigerator (side-by-side). Freezer is o.k. Refrigerator

Kenmore refrigerator (side-by-side). Freezer is o.k. Refrigerator won't cool below 50 degrees.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model number so i can assist you better ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

model no.10653554201. I have a valid service contract (#000801042900043)

okay you have an extended service contract ? let me see what we can do now though. open the freezer and tell me if theres any frost on the back wall behind your food. also is the fan in the freezer running ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No frost at all. I believe the freezer fan is running (there is steady humming noise).

if you pull the refrigerator away from the wall and listen behind it do you hear any clicking or buzzing about every 3-5 minutes? comming from the compressor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No. Just the steady hum of the fan.

can you feel any air flowing into the refrigerator section from the freezer through the damper assembly up in the left top corner ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I didn't feel any air flow. (By the way, the refrigerator is on the first floor and my computer is on the second floor, so I have to go up and down the stairs every time you ask me to check something. Not a problem, but it does delay things.)

sorry, okay the most likely cause is the damper. # XXXXX on this diagram.its also called the defuser, this opens and closes electronically. these fail all the time. check and see if its opening. if not replace it. heres a link to order it. uffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=P0203369&diagramPageId=00002&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=10653554201&subCompDesc=Refrigerator%20liner&brandDesc=KENMORE&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR&blt=11&shdMod=10653554201 thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan, thanks for the answer. Since I'm under a service agreement, I'm going to have a technician come out and fix the problem. I'm going to rate you good anyway, trusting that your fix is the right one. jdm

thank you and have a great day. well wishes, Bryan