Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Model PFSS6PKWBSS Display shows 88 89 replaced mother

Display shows 88 89
replaced mother board
same issue
Welcome..I have 23 years of Experience In the Appliance Repair Field..Working directly with All Major Appliance Brands...Does the right side 89 change back and fourth from 88 by chance..?
Are you with us..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. It is exactly as you describe....

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry, the web site is behaving oddly. I can't seem to get to the screen that you are working on. Email is working fine however....

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi I am back on a web screen now....

No problem..First try holding the energy saver button..(Top Left) and the alarm button (top Right) down for 10 seconds..If this does not change things..Then you most likely have a loose connection at on of the plastic wire connections..From the main board to the display.

Post back ..Let me know what the results are..Then we can take it from there..Thanks Bob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Every thing seems OK, but the refrigerator is not getting cold. The compressor is warm to the touch and the fan is blowing air across the coils, so now I need another hint....

Actually the fridge cools from the freezer via the freezer fan motor.It does not have its own cooling unit..Can you feel the compressor running..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, the compressor is hot to the touch and the fan is running

Open the freezer door..take a look at the back INSIDE wall for any signs of frost..