Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Frigidaire HE washer, an Infinity, when I set the

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire HE washer, an Infinity, when I set the washer to start...ie choose the cycle....the main panel puts an "ERR" when I hit the start button. What could cause this in terms of parts and repair?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the ERR is a general warning that and error has been detected.you will need to review the recent error codes to see what the issue is. Error Codes
The electronic control has a self diagnostics error code
program built in that will cover most product failures.
Reading Error Codes
1. Wake the washer up by pressing any button (except
the cancel button).
2. Press and hold the CANCEL and START buttons
simultaneously for 6 seconds. The failure code will
appear in the display as an “E” followed by two
numbers.

can you try this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The failure code is reading E23

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay hang on let me check the code. be right back.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay E23 ... E23--Drain pump relay on control board failed or wire off pump.n check your drain pump and make sure one of the wires hasn't come off. this happens if the machine gets out of balance. if the wires are good you need to order and replace the control board. hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would the error message E23 also involve a bad drain motor? I've replaced the control board but it still will not drain and I still get the error message "E23"

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes that very well could be bad, can you test for 120 volts to the pump when this is in drain ? Do you have the full model number to this machine ? also did you check the pump for a loose wire?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I've checked for a loose wire, seems fine, and I am unable to test for 120 volt while it's in drain at this time...but if I get a tester where should I check for the voltage...directly at the wire connection?

The entire numbers are...Model ATF6700FE1

Serial # XC83804716

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes check power right at the pump connector.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here