Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a built-in MONOGRAM GE REFRIGERATOR MODEL #ZIS480D

We have a built-in MONOGRAM GE REFRIGERATOR MODEL #ZIS480D SINCE YESTERDAY IT IS NOT FREEZING. TEMPERATURE WENT FROM 29F TO 33F THIS MORNING IN THE FREEZER AND FROM 42F TO 48F IN THE REFRIGERATOR SECTION. AT THIS TIME 4 HOURS LATER WE ONLY OPEN TO RETRIEVE ITEMS WE NEED THEN IMMEDIATELY CLOSE IT. IT IS ONLY 5 YRS. OLD OF COURSE HAVE NEVER BEEN MOVED OR TURNED OFF. HELP!... IT DOES HAVE A + AND - SIGN BY EACH CONTROL BUT DOES NOT HELP THE TEMPERATURE CHANGE. PLEASE HELP!
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service. Please take your time and make the checks below.

First look in the freezer (even though it may be warm) at the top inside wall, can you find a frosty spot anywhere up there? Sometimes you have to feel the wall as its difficult to see.

Check to see that the freezer fan is blowing steady air out of the vent in the freezer, is it?

If the freezer fan is operating and you found no frost on the rear inside wall of the freezer open the panel at the top. Touch the compressor on the top. Is the compressor hot, warm or cold and is it vibrating? And have you heard a buzz or click from back there?

Is the fan up there working as well?

Thanks,
Barry

CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

you cant control the temperature with the control at all ? the numbers don't go up or down when you press the + or - ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THE + AND - CONTROLS GOES UP AND DOWN BUT WILL NOT STAY OR TAKE ANY EFFECT AT ALL. THE REFRIGERATOR MOTOR KEEPS RUNNING AND EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING EXCEPT IT WON'T GET COLD. I DON'T THINK THE FAN IS ON. MY LIMITED OPINION IS IT NEEDS TO BE CHARGED WITH FREE-ON GAS. WHO CAN WE CALL TO SERVICE THIS... WIFE IS DESPERATE...RESPOND ... THANKS ...SAL

okay well I'm doubtful its a freon if you can get me your zip code I can get you a number to call. this is the control board. its Manufacturer Number WR55X10560. these are a constant problem.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTIONS NOTHING WORKS I BELIEVE IT NEEDS RECHARGING WITH FREE-ON GAS WHAT DO YOU THINK?. REPLY PLEASE...THANKS

Optional Information:
Brand: GE MONOGRAM #ZIS480D
Type of Appliance: Refrigerator
What have you tried so far?: EVERYTHING YOU REQUESTED INCLUDING THE - & + ON BOTH THE FREEZER AND THE REFRIGERATOR... IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WARMER...

You may be correct, Its one or the other. it either needs freon or the main control has failed. Schedule a service appointment at 1-800-432-2737 this way you get G.E. factory service. this definitely needs a tech to check the freon levels. hope this helps. thanks Bryan