Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Frigidaire Gallery Series clothes dryer all of a sudden

Customer Question

My Frigidaire Gallery Series clothes dryer all of a sudden sounds REALLY loud.

Help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get me the full model number so i can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think this is it, I got if off of the door, hard to read.

GLE02152ES0. Also, it just started squeaking, too.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, give me a few minutes to pull up the info. I'll be back as soon as I can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is everything okay? Not the correct number?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
sorry at first it didn't show up. we are having site trouble, got it now though. Okay the issue is with the main drum bearing in the back of the drum . these wear after a while and the grease drys out. you need to replace this. heres a link to the part and a video on how to replace it step by step. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drum-Bearing/5303281153/1851?modelNumber=GLEQ642AS2 this will take care of the issue, thanks and sorry for the late reply, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The drum is still turning for the time being. Is it safe to use, as I have two loads waiting to dry? This is something easy that I can do myself? Haven't watched the video yet.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes as long as it doesn't start really squealing because that would mean its about to break and that would short out the heating element. otherwise its fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just watched the first part of the video and that is not my dryer. Mine has a glass/plastic front. Does it still work the same way as far as taking the top and front off?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay thats a general video on how to replace the bearing. they use them in a lot of different dryers. it still goes together the same way. you remove the top and the front panel (control) and then it comes apart from there basically the same. yes you take the front off once the control is out of the way. you will see screws for that when you take the top off.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help. Never knew this site existed until I googled my problem. Love it because I am def a diy girl. Let y'all know how it turned out. But if I can fix it for less than $50.00 including the $30.00 fee, it is a job well done!!! Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
your very welcome. You sound like your confident so I'm sure you will fix it !

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
. its a common issue on these. well wishes and don't be afraid to come back if you run into trouble, theres no extra charge if you need more help. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hey Bryan. I hope you are online because I can't figure out how to get the top off. As I said my dryer is not like the ones in the video. My control panel is flush with the top with no space until you get to the glass door. Sorry for the delay, but just got part yesterday. There are two screws in the back that look like they hold the top on. I took those out but there are metal brackets that still connect the top that I can't ( and probably shouldn't) remove. I am usually not this bumfuzzeled, but HELP

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
try sliding the top back and off.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did that, now following the video it says to undo the screws inside and the front should just lift off. I've unscrewed lots of screws to know avail. There are black metal prong/nail things about half way down the inside that seems to be preventing me from taking the front off. And I can't tell if those are the only ones. What am I doing wrong? I def. feel like i'm making this more difficult than it is

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
can you open the door and recheck the model # ? I'll see if I can find some diagrams.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sure. I believe it is GLE02152E S or 50. Sorry, I hope that is correct.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I still cant find that model number.okay let try this. the top of this does it go all the way from the back to the front ? what I mean is , is the top over the control or does it look like it goes under the control ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No the control panel is flush with the top. The control panel is about an inch thick front to back at the top then is flush with the top where the top comes apart

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay but the whole to actually goes over the control right to the front of the machine correct ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. The control panel top is the front top of the machine

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay thats strange, does this look like it could be yours ?

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. In the center of the control panel is the dial. To the right is a series of 6 buttons with lights varying from 3 -5 in number above each button. At the top right is an LED indicator light of time or add more time because it has moisture sensor.

The buttons are as follows in order rt to lt TEMP, DRYNESS, OPTIONS, SELECT, START and last is PAUSE

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, can you remove the control panel with the top still on ? I wish I could find your exact model. I know the part is right because that all Frigidaire uses but I cant find the diagrams for yours.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. The screws aren't revealed till you remove the top. Can' this be done by removing the whole back panel?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
no you don't want to remove the back panel you'll never get it back together. can you send me a picture of how the top and the front come together so i can see it. ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sure. How?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
use the paper clip above the text area next to the you tube link. BWT does your top look like this ?

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
is this your dryer ?

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Absolutely!!!!!! But mine is not discolored on top : ). And it is electric , thought I should mention that. So I believe the number is GLEQ2152ES!!! Yay, After all this, I do have a brain!! SO SORRY

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Awesome !!!! found it . the diagrams are tough to tell but it looks like the top does either lift in the back to release it from under the front or it slides back like i said, heres the diagram.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did finally get the top off, now the front will not come off. After I have unscrewed everything, it still will not come off. There are two black metal prongs just under the screws on the inside of the front that I think are preventing it from coming off, but I can't figure out how to remove them without breaking and the are very sharp. Am I missing a hidden screw somewhere because it will not budge

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
there are two screws down the inside one each side take them out. then there are two clips that hold the panel also down the side but all you need to do is put a screw driver in between on the side near the top and pry. these clips will come out with the front panel. heres a link to all the diagrams.

Register Here
. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Frigidaire-Parts/Dryer-Parts/Model-GLEQ2152ES0/1428/0151200?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=GLEQ2152ES0
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No video, really???? Thanks Bryan, again!!!! I hate to say this, but i'll probably be in touch. Is it still the correct part since I completely screwed up the Model number?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes its definately the right part I checked that .

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do I need to replace the clips? It appears there are two on each side, one high and one low

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
just put them back in they should be fine.you may have to squeeze then if there to loose thats all.