Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

A power surge during rain storm hit my GE cafe CGS985GAS range.

A power surge during rain storm hit my GE cafe CGS985GAS range. The display board with controls is now dead. Only oven light and pilot lights remain operational. How do you locate the control board for the display/electronics in stove for a electrician to see if repairable. If board is not repairable what do you suggest.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

your electronic control is part # XXXXX on this diagram. its PART NUMBER: WB27K10384 you would need to order and replace it.

you would also have to locate this locally because they don't ship to the UK , hope this helps. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What are the steps to get to it in the stove. Where/which website can the part be ordered for delivery in Florida USA.

okay start by removing the screws under the knobs and the remove the control panel # XXXXX on the diagram . once that is removed you will see the screws holding the control itself in. remove those and the touch glass. (this will have a ribbon you unplug from the clock) then loosen the trim piece. # XXXXX this should loosen the clock assembly so you can remove it. you can order the clock/oven control at the following link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/pa rtsdirect/part-number/GE-Parts/Range-Parts/WB27K10384/0022/364/Model-CGS985SET1SS/0432/0124002?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=G1206270&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=0124002&searchModelNumber=CGS985SET1SS&subCompDesc=Control%20panel,%20gas%20&%20burner%20parts&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=GAS-RANGE&blt=11&shdMod=CGS985SET1SS hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. Is there any part that once the stove is pulled apart it is best to get a new one. I want to order everything i need to put in the claim to the power company. Also is there a prt number for teh little rubber cusions that the burners rest on to prevent scratching?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. Can you recommend a surge protector which is really good and also sold by Sears.