Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, Im not sure where to find the model number, but the manual

Hi, I'm not sure where to find the model number, but the manual says it's a GE DBL333, DCL333, or DVL223. When I turn the switch to 'Start', it just makes a small electrical buzzing noise, but doesn't start up. Please help.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

okay the model number comes up. can you do me a favor and reach in and turn the drum by hand?does it turn freely ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, the drum does turn freely both ways

okay, is there someone there that can help you do a test ? what you need the to do is you open the door and then push the door switch button in and spin the drum while someone turn the start button, can you do that and see if it starts when you spin the drum ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks!! It looks like it's working now. Was the drum just temporarily stuck?

this sometimes happens if theres a dead spot on the motor windings. I've seen this a lot. hopefully you wont need to replace the motor. well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks again Bryan!

your welcome, have a great day !