Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have an 18 month old maytag dishwasher model #MDB8959AWB2.

i have an 18 month old maytag dishwasher model #MDB8959AWB2. The problem is that i get no water in the top and the bottom dishes are never fully cleaned
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.

It needs to be taken apart and the chopper screen needs to be cleaned. Do you own any torques head screw drivers ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have torque head screwdrivers. where is the screen?

It is inside the dishwasher you need to disassemble the pump housing. To do this remove the lower rack. Then in the center of the lower spray arm is a plastic wing hold it with pliers and spin the spray arm clockwise it comes off. Then the part the spray arm was attached to has a clip at the back lift the clip and turn the piece to the right. It comes off. Then undo the screws holding the screen on. Once it is removed inside the pump housing on the left is a dome held with one screw the chopper screen is under it. It is part # XXXXX in this break down.
AppliancePartsPros.com | Pump and Motor Parts replacement parts for Maytag MDB8959AWB2 Undercounter Dishwasher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok. will do that Tom

Any problems just let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we have done what u said and it broke free but the spray arm does not want to come off and we have spun it over 100 times. it has loosened big time but doesnt want to come off

When spinning it try lifting up on it. It is just stuck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we goy yhe unit back togeather and still the same

I see you left me a poor service rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you havent resolved the proplem tom.

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Did you get the screen that Tom was talking about? Item #6 in the diagram that he sent you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i got to the screen and it was not plugged. put unit back togeather and tried it. still the same - no water on the top.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, Can you start this and let it fill with water then open the door and tell me in inches how much water is in the bottom? does it reach the heater ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

there is very little water in the unit and it does not reach the heating element.

okay , that means your not getting enough water to get enough pressure to reach the top spray arm. this should fill to the heating element and the reason its not is because your fill valve isn't opening fully. you need to replace the valve. this is located behind the kick panel in the front. you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/W10195049/1551531?modelNumber=MDB8959AWB2 this will take care of your issue, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks Bryan. that actually seems to make sense

your very welcome.thats a common problem, the valves get gummed up inside . have a great weekend, whats left of it ! Smile thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

dont know when i will be able to check this out as i was just operated on for a rotator cuff repair. will try and get someone. hope this is it. thxs. linda

your welcome Linda,let me know if you need more help. thanks and get well soon. Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you bryan