Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a MAH4000AWW Neptune washer. It has begun to through

I have a MAH4000AWW Neptune washer. It has begun to through belts off of the tub and makes a lot of rumbling while spining. Any suggestions? What supports the front of the wash tub?

Welcome..I have 23 years of Experience In the Appliance Repair Field..Working directly with All Major Appliance Brands...Sorry to hear you are having this problem with your washer..Is the belt being thrown off only in the spin cycle and not the wash cycle..?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I beleive its only in the spin cycle, but it could be happening in a wash. I notice it when it stops. The last time it was at the begining of a spin. I've also noticed that the belt is wareing a grove on the back of the outer tub.

Okay..Great..I see you have replaced the motor spacer and installed a new belt..From what you are describing..You have a rear bearing fault..What happens is as the drum spins the inner tub is actually moving which misaligns the Inner drum pulley(Bigger Pulley attached to the drum) The bearing replacement is a major job and expensive.You would need to remove the drum from the cabinet..Then split the outer drum half's..Replacing the complete rear outer drum half...To answer your question on how the front of the drum is supported ,it hangs from the cabinet by two springs..Which suspends the drum itself.

CLICK HERE FOR OUTER TUB AND BEARIING Unfortunately the bearing is only avaiable with the rear outer drum...Also please remember to rate my answer as 3 smiley faces or higher so that i may be credited through the system for my time helping you today..If you have any further questions i will be standing by..Thanks Bob