Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a series 2000 Maytag front loader washer that gets

We have a series 2000 Maytag front loader washer that gets these code
F8 e3
F3 e2
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the full model number ? look inside the door for the tag.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,Mhwe200xw00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,Call me XXX-XXX-XXXX
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,,Call me XXX-XXX-XXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry we are not allowed to call customers. give me a few minutes to look up the service tech sheets. I'll be back soon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,F8e3
F3e2
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay , F8e3 --

If there is too much water or foam in the washer, the overflow contact on the pressure switch closes.

If the valves are open, they automatically close and the drain pump is switched on for at least 30

seconds. To unlock the door, press POWER.

Possible Causes/Procedure

- Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.

- Unplug washer or disconnect power; if water still flows into the washer, the water inlet

valve must be replaced.

- Make sure that all wire harness connections to the drain pump, pressure switch, water inlet

valves, and CCU (VCH7, DP2, PR6, and DI6 cavities) are not broken or with wires detached,

and that connector internal pins are visible.

- Check continuity from the following components:

A) Water inlet valve connectors (double and single) and the CCU (VCH7 and DI6 cavity connectors)

B) Pump connector wires to CCU (DP2 cavity connector)

C) Pressure switch connector wires to CCU (PR6 cavity connector).

- If the continuity diagnosis failed, the Main Harness must be replaced.

- Check the resistance of the inlet valve (double & single). See page 7.

- Make a visual inspection on the inlet valve to identify scratches on its plastic structure.

- Check the resistance to the drain pump. See page 7.

- Disassemble the housing pump from the pump motor.

- Check that the impeller is not detached from the motor shaft or is misaligned from

the pump shaft.

- Check the pressure switch for proper operation. Remove hose from pressure switch.

Dislodge any debris buildup in the hose inside the outer tub. Debris inside the hose will

not allow the switch to sense a pressure change.

- Check pressure switch operation. Remove pressure switch. Blowing air through the opening,

the two internal switches are heard one by one.

- Make continuity test to the Pressure SW. See page 7.

- Plug in washer or reconnect power.

- Verify the washer operation by performing the Diagnostic Test cycle. See page 5.

- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power and wait 15 seconds

F3e2----

WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR ERROR

If the water temperature sensor (NTC) value is out of range (23°F to 217°F

[-5°C to 103°C]) during the water-heating step of the WASH cycle.

Possible Causes/Procedure

- Unplug washer or disconnect power.

- Make sure that connections to water heater & CCU (TH2 & HE2 cavities)

connectors are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal

pins are visible.

- Check continuity from the water heater sensor (black wires) to CCU

(TH2 cavity) connector.

- Check the resistance of heating element. See page 7.

- Check the resistance of the water sensor. See page 7.

- Plug in washer or reconnect power.

- Verify the washer operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle. See page 5.

- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect

power and wait for 15 seconds.

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,According to the tech here now he says that he checked it all and still seems to get stuck at thedraining out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,According to the tech here now he says that he checked it all and still seems to get stuck at thedraining out. It isn't filling up with water
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,Are you still there?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay has he opened the pump to see if its obstructed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,The machine has a new drain pump and a new temperature sensor because it was reading room temperature at 5000 ohms. It now reads 12000 ohms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,The drain pump is new and the temp sensor