Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool refrigerator model w4txnwfwq01 is too warm. I

My whirlpool refrigerator model w4txnwfwq01 is too warm. I took the back panel in the freezer off and the fan is not working. There also appears to be a fair amount of frost covering the cords coming to and from the fan.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The frost build up is due to the fan not running and circulating the air properly. So the real issue is that the fan isn't working. Most likely this is just a faulty electronic evaporator fan motor. You need a multimeter to test the power to the evaporator fan motor to confirm it's getting 120 volts. If you're getting 120 volts and the fans not running, replace the evaporator fan motor. If you don't have a multimeter, just replace the fan motor as well because it's by far the most likely part that has failed. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. This is an obvious question, but are you sure this is the right motor for this refrigerator (w4txnwfwq01)? I just want to make sure before I spend another $50 to order it.

Yes, I looked up the part based on the model number you gave me so this should definitely be the correct part for your model.