Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I cleaned my jenn air oven, and now I cant open the door.

I cleaned my jenn air oven, and now I can't open the door. I followed the instructions about what to do if that happened (returned temperature knob to clean, unlocked the door, then turned the temperature knob to off), but it still won't open. Can you help?
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Do you see any error codes on the display such as F1?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, no error codes

Ok the problem here is either the control board is confused or the door lock switch is bad. Since there are no error codes the control board is likely confused.

The best thing to do here is reset the control board to factory default, to do this shut the power off for 24 hours, this will clear the internal memory and reset the internal battery. After 24 hours turn the power back on and the lock should open. This in most cases will clear the problem.

If however after 24 hours the lock does not come open replace the lock switch.

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" or for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed.

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's a built in unit. How do I shut the power off?

At the breaker panel, it should be on it's own dedicated circuit.

Thanks!