Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

i have a kenmore elite 665 ultrawash , touch pad controls.

i have a kenmore elite 665 ultrawash , touch pad controls. i can't get it to start i or get it to reset. the lock light comes on. then i hold the unlock button down. then the lock light begins to blink. then i press cancle and it also starts to blink
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Ok you need to try and reset the control board. Press "high temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash"

All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead.

If the control board doesn't reset, then it will just need to be ordered and replaced because it's just shorted for one reason or another.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when i went back to reset it your way the lock light was off so i pressed the far left button (pot & pans) & it started. so i will keep you'r info on how to reset the unit.
If it does it again & it won't reaset at all either by holding the unlock (no heat dry button) down for 4 seconds or by getting all the lights solid & then pressing the cancle button. Is my only solution to replace the control board? and is there only one board that plugs or clips in?

That is correct, the control board would need to be replaced and it's mounted in the upper right corner inside the dishwasher door. The part is all plug and play so it's fairly easy to swap out.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

o.k. thank you. Is the control board a common repair & would it be easily available to purchase?

It's probalby one of the most common problems on the dishwasher And if you have a full model number, you can order the part at Searspartsdirect.com but you'll need the full model number located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

understood. thank you. i will contact you if (when) i need to swap out the board

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

No problem and good luck.