Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Frigidaire gallery range that gives a code F31 when

I have a Frigidaire gallery range that gives a code F31 when i go to light the oven... the manual suggest unpluging the oven/range for 5 minutes and then replug it in ,reset the time and try again this did not work.. do you have any suggestions???....
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F31 means that your oven thinks the oven sensor is shorted. This can be caused by either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I see the sensor but there are no screws near this one....i dont have a multimeter immediately handy either but...

OK without a multimeter it would be just a guess but I'd replace the sensor before I replaced the control board since it's so much cheaper. If you don't see any screws coming in from the inside of the oven, then they are coming from the back of the oven so the oven would need to be uninstalled and the back panel remove so that you could remove and disconnect the sensor.