John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I am planning to install a Thermador down draft vent system

Customer Question

I am planning to install a Thermador down draft vent system model CVS45RW (white) I also have the transition Thermador 3-1/4" x 10" Duct Transition CVD310 to CVS. The Thermador support recommended the 600 cfm blower motor (VTI610D) which had a 6 1/4" intake. The VTI1010D has a 1000 cfm capacity and has a 9 7/8" intake. Can I use the 600 cfm and use another transition down to 6" or just buy the bigger unit? Not sure what to do and what is available to install either one.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!