Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I was replacing bulbs in my convection oven and turned off

I was replacing bulbs in my convection oven and turned off the main power switch but upon turning it back on the F1 flashes on my screen and it keeps beeping. What am I to do??

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

OK so this is a major problem. This usually happens when you do NOT turn off the power to the oven when replacing the bulb. I'm not hear to judge and you said you turned off the power to the oven, but somehow it still shorted out the main relay control board. Hopefully that's all it shorted out because sometimes the display board will short out as well and you'll find out once you replace the relay board. Either way, above the oven because the control panel off to the left is a large relay control board. Depending on your exact model, the part usually costs between $250-350 and it will need to be replaced to fix the F1 issue.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.