Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have to clean the oven in a Fridgidaire Elite stove: model

Customer Question

Have to clean the oven in a Fridgidaire Elite stove: model # XXXXX; Serial # XXXXX 21903489; Type 351, but have no access to a manual on how to do that. If all else fails, can I clean it with regular oven cleaner?

Thanks in advance,

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you double check that model number please? That model isn't coming up at all.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The model number is definitely RE646ED-1. The Type is 3S1, not 351 as I originally said. The Serial number is as noted above.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK well that isn't pulling up for some reason, is it older than 20 years? Can you take a picture of the control panel so I can see how the self clean should be selected?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is possible the stove is more than 20 years old, I suppose. I think I'll just leave it as is and do the best I can with other means. Thanks for trying. And I suppose I'll just consider it an expense attempt.....

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK. So if you wanted to clean it by hand, you can use a product called "Easy Off" for self Cleaning ovens. This is a product that won't harm the ceramic coating of a self clean oven so it's really the only product other than soap and water that is advised.