Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

we have a sve47600w last january 2012 the panel started beeping

we have a sve47600w
last january 2012 the panel started beeping F7. We replaced the inlay panel and gas worked til last week. Now it is beeping F7 again. Please advise what we need to do?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F7 means that your touchpad has failed. I'm not sure what you're calling the "inlay panel" but if you haven't replaced the glass touch control panel, then you need to order and replace it or make sure that the connection between the touchpad and display board is secure. Below is a link to the touchpad you'd need to order if you haven't replaced it already.

CLICK HERE

If what you're calling the "inlay panel" is the touch control panel, then make sure the connections are secure and replace the display control board because it's not reading the touchpad and thinks it's shorted. You may also need to replace the touchpad as well if the display board is shorting out the touchpad.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

since it has only been 8 months since we replaced the panel (which was the same model number you gave me) I feel like there is something else wrong. I don't want to replace panel every 8-9 months

That's why I was saying that only the display board can cause the touchpad to fail. So if your touchpad failed again, you'd need to replace both the touchpad and the display control board.