Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Fridge was making ice at other house. Disconnected it from

Fridge was making ice at other house. Disconnected it from that house moved it to new house. Now ice maker will not make cubes. The fingers did not seem to move at all. took out machine by loosing the two screws. Took off pigtail and took it out. I noticed solid ice in the bottom, i melted the ice and reinstalled the maker. I can not get the maker to work will not even fill up the tray. I am wondering if the motor is burned up due to the frozen ice chunks and the arms would not move.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.
Can you give me the model number from the sticker inside the fridge please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry noticed it did not add it when i posted bought in march 2012. model. FFHS2622MB3

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The water function of the fridge works just fine and new filter.

Ok if the ice maker had chunks inside it that would have caused the ice maker motor to burn out. Since you state the arm is not moving then this must be the case.

Click here to order the replacement part

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" or for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed.

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

But would that cause the fridge not to put water into the try if the motor is not working?

Correct the motor causes the contacts to open and close the valve, if the motor is not turning the contacts wont meet filling the tray.

Thanks!