Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert

Hi, I have an asko washer that ive been using for less than

Hi, I have an asko washer that i've been using for less than a year. When I load it up fully (especiually with towels) i notice that the drum sags quite a bit to the point where it almost seem to bottom out, but it otherwise seems to run OK. A while ago I did notice a spring twang whenever the washer was heavily loaded and now that noise is gone but the sagging seems worse. What could be my problem? would it be difficult/expensive to fix?

garrygoeson :

My name is Garry

garrygoeson :

If you purchased this washer less than a year ago, it should still be under warranty and should be repaired for no cost to you?

it's at my parents up in the mountains where it's difficult to get to and i thought it'd be easier to just get the part and do it myself

Hello , you will probably find one of the springs under the top are broken , the top comes off with 2 screws at the rear off the main top,it slides off , the tub is supported by 2 springs up top and 2 shocks on the bottom ..the noise you hear was most likely a spring weakening ,or the spring holder ... take the top off and if both springs are intact then you have a shock issue , but i would suspect the spring as the issue
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just took the top off and saw only one spring linking the drum to the front panel. I think i've located where the other spring (rear and longer) should have been but i see no trace of it. Where can I get these springs or do you have part numbers? My model is the ASKO WW6884 ECO. Thanks!

the other spring is on the floor somewhere , ill see if i can get a part number for you
there is a balancing spring and a tension spring , i can show you a pic but i need to switch to Q&A ..

you can buy online at or any local parts company can get them brought in for you

his is balancing spring , above is tension spring ,notice the difference in the 2