Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Hi, I have an asko washer that ive been using for less than

Customer Question

Hi, I have an asko washer that i've been using for less than a year. When I load it up fully (especiually with towels) i notice that the drum sags quite a bit to the point where it almost seem to bottom out, but it otherwise seems to run OK. A while ago I did notice a spring twang whenever the washer was heavily loaded and now that noise is gone but the sagging seems worse. What could be my problem? would it be difficult/expensive to fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 2 years ago.

garrygoeson :

HI:

My name is Garry

garrygoeson :

If you purchased this washer less than a year ago, it should still be under warranty and should be repaired for no cost to you?

Customer:

it's at my parents up in the mountains where it's difficult to get to and i thought it'd be easier to just get the part and do it myself

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
Hello , you will probably find one of the springs under the top are broken , the top comes off with 2 screws at the rear off the main top,it slides off , the tub is supported by 2 springs up top and 2 shocks on the bottom ..the noise you hear was most likely a spring weakening ,or the spring holder ... take the top off and if both springs are intact then you have a shock issue , but i would suspect the spring as the issue
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just took the top off and saw only one spring linking the drum to the front panel. I think i've located where the other spring (rear and longer) should have been but i see no trace of it. Where can I get these springs or do you have part numbers? My model is the ASKO WW6884 ECO. Thanks!

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
the other spring is on the floor somewhere , ill see if i can get a part number for you
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
there is a balancing spring and a tension spring , i can show you a pic but i need to switch to Q&A ..
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
you can buy online at repairclinic.com or any local parts company can get them brought in for you
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.

his is balancing spring , above is tension spring ,notice the difference in the 2