Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Maytag Neptune MAH55FLBWQ Door locked - wont open I just

Maytag Neptune MAH55FLBWQ Door locked - won't open

I just replaced the drain pump, now the door won't unlock. I may have got the cabinet misaligned. The front cabinet screws are in the door opening and unreachable. I'm thinking of cutting the door hinges, but unsure if I will be able to disengage the lock. Any suggestions?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You should just be able to manually unlock the door. Open the dispenser lid and remove the bleach and softner compartment. There is a little plastic cable that you just pull on in order to release the door latch. Pull on the cord and release the door lock to open the door.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You didn't read the optional info, the lock release cable is not there. next answer?

For some reason that didn't show up, but if it's not there this will be quite a problem, but it would probably be best ot just pull on the door hard and force the door open as opposed to cutting the hinges. The only other option would be to remove the 4 screws that go into the soap dispenser and maybe push it out the way enough to reach in and POSSIBLY find the cable under the top panel?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, my fingers found it forward of the dispenser. Smile

awesome, I'm glad you found it.