Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Freezer unit of Roper refrigerator stops working every few

Freezer unit of Roper refrigerator stops working every few days and foods thaw. What is wrong and how can I fix it to ensure it works without thawing food?
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker inside the fridge.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't have sticker number here. Frig was purchased new about 10 years ago. Freezer is at top. Single freezer door and frig door below open from front.

there should be a sticker with the model number and serial number inside the fridge.

The problem here is going to be the defrost timer, It's likely sticking and shutting the unit down too long during the defrost cycle. The defrost timer is normally located inside the control panel inside the fridge although I cant be more specific without the model number.

The defrost timer should be replaced in order to fix this problem.

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" or for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed.

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Hi Rod,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,