Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Whirlpool duet washer. It wont turn on. I mean nothing.

I have a Whirlpool duet washer. It won't turn on. I mean nothing. Nada. The control panel stays dark. How can I fix this? It was working fine one day, the next won't even turn on.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Does it beep at all, even if the display does not light up? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It makes no noise whatsoever. Just dark. It is getting power - I've checked the outlet. Not sure where to find the model number, but here's one I think is it - 837008297001

The model will be on a tag behind the door and will look like GHW9150LW1. Do you have a meter to test for voltage with?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK. Model number is XXXXX Had a guy here who tested the outlet with a meter and it came up ok. Don't have a meter myself though.

Okay, there is a power filter (number 22 in the diagram) and pictured below. The power comes into that and then out to the control. It may be faulty or the control may be faulty. You will need a meter to determine with any degree of certainty. However, I can get you links to both parts, if you wish.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That would be great! Thanks!

Both of these parts are accessed by removing the top panel. The parts links are below!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.