Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

60 inch wolf range , ignighter will not stop clicking . I know

60 inch wolf range , ignighter will not stop clicking . I know i need a new one anyway to get it to stop until it's replaced next week.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

What has happened here is moisture has got into one of the switches located under the knobs, This has caused the switch to short.

First thing to do would be unplug the unit for 24 hours and give the switch 24 hours to dry, You can take the knobs off and aim a hair dryer at the knob shafts in order to help the drying process.

This will fix the problem for the most part, if after giving the unit 24 hours to dry you still have a problem the switches will need to be tested for operation and the faulty switch replaced.

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" or for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed.

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Thanks!

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Moisture didn't get into to it. I had the knobs off so no one would use it and the housekeeper came in and put the knobs back on and lit the burner and now it will not stop. Pulling out the unit to unplug can't do it's a 60 inch range a little too heavy. Just wanted to know if there was a way to stop the clicking.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
The only way to stop the clicking is shut the power off, this should be on a dedicated breaker so go to the breaker panel and shut the breaker off.

Thanks!