Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a Maytag mdb7749 and it didnt finish draining on the

I have a Maytag mdb7749 and it didn't finish draining on the last cycle and now no lights appear on the control panel and it will not come on.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Can you give me the full model number from the sticker around the door please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

model number: mdb7749awm2

Ok the problem here is going to be a blown thermal fuse, this is located inside the control panel part 5.

To access the fuse open the door, Take the screws out around the inner liner behind the control panel. Once the screws are out lift the control panel out, You should see the fuse linked to the control board.

Replace the fuse and you should be all set.

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" or for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed.

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.