Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The panel comes on when I select drying cycle and displays

The panel comes on when I select drying cycle and displays "drying". The drum is not turning and dryer is silent.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model number. ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

Samsung Model #DV337AER/XAA

Drum feels loose, turns too easy.

okay great. so when you set the cycle and press start nothing happens at all correct ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Correct, the display shows "drying", but the drum is not turning and I hear no air/noise.

okay . there are a few different reasons this happens. 1 the belt has broke and the belt safety switch shut the dryer down from starting. first take the top off the machine and make sure the belt is still around the drum. let me know
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is one belt around the drum. It doesn't appear to be broken, but is very loose. I there just one belt?

How do I access the drive mechanism?

Thanks Bryan!

yes theres only one belt and if its very loose thats the issue. its most likely come off the motor pulley which will shut the switch off. the belt switch is # XXXXX on this diagram. you will need to remove the front of the machine to get to the belt and pulley assembly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there a diagram of the belt configuration?

Thanks! We are almost there.

it goes on the same as the maytag belt on these diagrams. I hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan