Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

hi there i have a whirlpool duet washer the problem is the

hi there i have a whirlpool duet washer the problem is the power button is on but it is not working can u please help
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model number so I can better assist you ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

model number wfw9400su01

have you tried unplugging this for ten minutes ? sometimes this will reset the board. try that while I look up your model.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it worked thank u what is the cause of that

sometimes the control can scramble and needs to be reset . its a computer and its like you reboot it. these can lock up like a computer no real cause this just happens . Its not something you did wrong. I'm glad it worked and you don't have to replace the control .the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan