Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

my whirlpool built in electric convection oven control panel

Customer Question

my whirlpool built in electric convection oven control panel is blank. There is power going to oven as the light comes on when you open the door
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Mike, I will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Can you give me a model number from the plate around the door please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model number is GBD277rrso1
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok first check part 37 (thermal fuse) with a ohm meter, If as I suspect this reads open then it will need to be replaced. If part 37 is good then you likely have a bad power relay on the control board, this will unfortunately mean the control board will need to be replaced.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" or for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed.

Please also remember that if this repair is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering - where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Thanks!

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi Dawn,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,