Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My electricity went out due to Hurricane Isaac - I was without

Customer Question

My electricity went out due to Hurricane Isaac - I was without power for 72 hours. I have a Jenn-Aire Electric Convection Wall Oven, Model JMW9527AAB, Serial No. 10563315WF. When the electricity was restored, the fan was running. None of the controls work. The fan will stop for a moment when I press Timer One or Timer Two then the fan comes on again. The display window shows F-7.
Is there anything I can do to "reset" or whatever so I can use my oven. We have shut off the power to the unit so it would stop the fan - but of course I can no longer use my oven. In fact my Microwave is above the Oven and on the same line so I cannot use either unit.
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. My power came back on at 9:30 pm Friday night so your customer service office was closed.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

After removing the power to the unit, have you tried to power it back up to see if the unit resets itself?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Chas. We did that last night and it didn't help, but I just flipped the switch on my electrical panel and the unit seems to be working. Hopefully it will not stop or have any other problems. Thanks for your help. Betty

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

The f7 error you are talking about is a bad touch/control panel, this could have been damaged by the strom.. The part number for the control panel is 5765M309-60, You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here