Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

we have a SHV 45 M03uc model, bought 7-26-2010.starting

Customer Question

we have a SHV 45 M03uc model, bought 7-26-2010. starting yesterday whenever you press the ON button and the dishwasher is open, the motor starts. It had always been on when the door was open. To start the dishwasher we turned it off and on and then closed the door. No water is coming out when it is on and the door is open. When we close the door the motor keeps running but no water is going into the dishwasher. Can you help? Thanks Saul XXXXXXXXXXX

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately your dishwasher is stuck in "flood mode". What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.

Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

The dishwasher is not free standing. It is built under a stone top.

Is there some way to drain the water out - like using a vacuum to suck it out.

Given that we can't tolt it is the only solution waiting a week or so and hoping it will evaporate.

Saul

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Well all dishwashers come out---and all Bosch dishwashers are built in. But if that's too much for you to do yourself, then you can turn the circuit breaker off and remove the lower front kick panel below the door. Then if you can get something between the gap of the bottom plastic base panel and the frame of the tub you might be able to suck out or soak up the water in the pan that way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It did not take a week and that is not a complaint.

Your advice was exactly what was needed.

I have repied and rated you as excellent.

It's a pleasure to do business who not only says he is an expert, but who proves it.

Many thanks.

Saul XXXXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Awesome, well I'm glad you got it all working again. I wish you only the best of luck.